Hey, holla, hola, errro.
Since the glacier, I have done so many things, I don't think I can keep track, so I am going to make a bulleted list of accomplishments out here.....dun dun dun.
- Hiking onto the Mendenhall Glacier
- Kayaking to the Mendenhall Glacier
- Walking to the Mendenhall Glacier
- Touching the Mendenhall Glacier from my kayak
- Seeing a bear
- Riding in a Seaplane and riding in the pilot (assistant) seat.
- Eating King Salmon
- Eating Halibut
- Eating Crab @ Crab Fest
- Went to Walmart and Costco in Juneau
- Went to St. Therese Shrine
- Went to Eagle Beach and saw my first whale in the wild ever!
- Went to the Salmon Hatchery in Juneau, the fire alarm went off.
- Going on a Whale Tour and seeing whales, humpbacks to be exact.
- Seen soo many bald eagles, had one flutter by my face too.
- Hula Hooping
- Steamboat ride
- Mt. Roberts Hike and Tram
- Got some gold from a gold panner man.
- Seen a few sea lions and seals
- Did I mention, a gazillion bald eagles
- Owls, the snowy kind.
- Gold Fish racing at Imperial
- Finished Desperate Housewives final season
- Read some books, have a Juneau Library card, I'm legit.
- Rode the ferry to Sitka
- Totem pole park, been there done that, gonna do it again.
- Rode my bike to all 3 grocery stores in Sitka
- Saw whales on the ferry, saw whales at the grocery store parking lot, I love whales.
- Went to the Rapter center and watched birds, lots of birds, birds are rad.
- Coook, food, for real.
I have done more, but I am at a blanko for words...oh. yeah.
Anyways, short story time....
Yesterday, I got a lot of energy from a bunch of pixy stix and watching the bachelorette. This lead to me taking a bike ride at about 9 pm going, the other way, the road goes two ways, one way and the other way. So anyways, last night I went the other way... my destination was the grocery store, why? So I could say I have been to all 3 grocery stores on the Baronaff Island. So I pedal, pedal, pedal and end up at the grocery store, then suddenly, whale, whale, yes two whales. I go "Oh my Hooozah," and find a nice rock to sit on and try to snap photos of these creatures after completing my whale dance. As I am taking photos, the whales dive down. I can tell this, because they flipped their tails up above the water. I sat there looking and thinking I knew where they were going to come up, then I miss them come up because I was looking in the wrong direction. I hear others murmur and point and then I jump up cause..by golly.. they were getting further away. As I jump up, my phone plumets in the wall of rocks entering a segment within these huge boulders that seemed to be impossible to reach. I quickly asked for strangers assistance, first a light to see if I could see my phone hidden in the rocks, then a broom, stick, duck tape and a flashlight from the grocery store workers. Luckily one came and assisted me as I tried to reach my phone. She could not fit and finnagle her way into the hole in the rocks like I could, So I began to dive into the rocks, first my hands and arms, then my head, then my boobs, then my tummy, and almost my booty. My legs were poking out of the rock wall and thats all you could see. After much fiddling with the metal rod stick and flashlight, I was able to dive deeper into the rock and grasp my cell phone. Then I was basically stuck in the rock, but after time and patience and support from outside the rocks, I was able to jiggle out of the rocks after scraping up my body a bit. Moral of the story, don't do your whale dance and jump up if your phone is on your lap. Why did I care so much? My old phone broke, I got a new one sent to me about 2 weeks ago, and I am in Sitka by myself operating the store and have no other way to communicate with people besides the internet.
The end, hope you enjoyed my pain of diving into rocks and trying to save my cell phone because I got distracted by whales.